Saturday, September 8, 2018

You're how old? - Owl card

Hello friends!

This is my first post as an official Design Team member. I'm thrilled and honoured to be part of the team! :)

Today I have a card to share with you using the new 'Owl rather be with you' stamp set.



I couldn't resist using the little cutie with crossed arms and a sarcastic expression!

First, I stamped the owl and the branch onto Neenah 80lb smooth card and coloured them using copic markers. I don't have the matching dies (though they are available here) so I ran it through my Brother Scan n Cut to cut them out neatly. I added some black glaze pen to make his eyes glossy and then added a tiny white dot with a white gel pen.


I cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm to A2 size for the bottom layer of the card panel. Next, I die cut a piece of Neenah Solar White into a slightly smaller rectangle with a stitched detail around the edge. Using a circle die, I then die cut a window into the white piece.

To make the background to go behind the window for my owl, I used a cloud stencil and Salty Ocean distress ink to create the fluffy clouds.




I heat embossed the sentiment onto another piece of Desert Storm card and die cut it into a label shape. I then used a small hole punch to put a hole at each end, to thread the twine through for the look you see in the pictures.

To assemble the card, the white panel was attached with foam tape to pop it up for dimension and the owl and sentiment label were also.

I hope you like today's card, I will be back to share another card soon.

Have a great day!

Catherine x



1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!