Friday, September 7, 2018

Whoo is Grumpy...



Hi Everyone! It's Cathy here with my first design team post for Gerda Steiner Designs.
I'm really excited and honored to be a part of this team!

For my card today, I've used the brand new and super cute Owl Rather Be With You stamp set.

When I saw this set, I just fell in love with the grumpy owl. Isn't he awesome?



I sponged the dusk sky behind him with Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves and Spiced Marmalade on watercolor paper and splattered a little water here and there. I also used a cloud  stencil at the top with Chipped Sapphire and Hickory Smoke.

I inked up a harvest moon with Wild Honey Distress Ink and stamped sentiments from both this set and the Coffee Monster stamp set. How perfect do these work together?



I colored the owl and branch with Copics and used the coordinating dies to this set.

For a little added interest, I airbrushed a Hero Arts stencil with Copics around the frame and adhered the kraft panel, moon and stamped images with dimensional foam tape.

Hope you enjoyed and happy crafting!
See you soon!

Cathy

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!