Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Happy hippo!!

Hi there!

It´s Yolanda here from Scraping Time, in my first post for Gerda Steiner Designs.
I can´t tell with words how happy I am to be here! Gerda Steiner Stamps are amazing and always make me smile!! I met her designs some months ago and it was love at first sight!!!!
I have played with her stamps during some months and when she offered me to be part of her DT I couldn´t be more grateful!!

I am from the South of Spain and English is not my mother language so I hope you excuse my mistakes!! 

For this first post, I have made a couple of cards with the new clear stamp set "Hippo in disguise". 
This hippo is so much fun and you can use it as a super hero or a cute vampire!!
Some of the members of the team have made fabulous cards these days with the super hero stamp so I decided to  transform it into a super heroine!!! :) 



I decided to use pink as the main colour of the card in order to give her feminine power!! hehehe I really enjoyed playing with the cute stamp looking at it as a girl! 
I used my Spectrum Noir markers to colour it and I fussy cut it. I put some glossy accent in her eyes and ready to fly!! 
For the pink background I used for the sentiment on the speech balloon, I used some salt. 
Firstly, I took a watercolor paper, water, Peerless watercolour (pink and coral) and then, some salt until it got dry! It is a fun technique to get nice backgrounds. 


And now, I would like to show you my second card with the same stamp.
In this occasion, I used the complements of the set to transform the hippo into a cute and sweet vampire!!

I am a #shakercardaddicted so I think you will see some of them in the next months here! They are so cute and I love making them! For the purple background I used the same technique (using the salt) I made my own sentiment with an ABC and I also coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers. It was so much fun to see its new look!!!

For the shaker I used differents elements and I sticked some of the stars to the background. 

I hope you enjoy the scene!


It has been great to have been here for the first time!


 I hope you had a great time with this cute hippo and if you feel like, there is a giveaway in my blog where three of you can win the Gerda Steiner Designs October Challenge Digital Stamp. I will see you there!!


32 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!This cards are FANG-TASTIC!!!!Besos de colores!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! It is great to see you here! Gracias guapísima! Si os apetece podéis comentar por aquí en español porque seré yo quien conteste jeje besos!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Beatiful cards, Yolanda!! I love these hippos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right!! These hippos are so cute!!! Thanks for your visit! It means a lot to me! Kisses!

      Delete
  3. Yolanda Congratulations ! How to change the hippo as the clothes you put on it ! Two lovely and funny cards !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am so happy to be here!!!!!!!!!! Many kisses!

      Delete
  4. Yolanda Congratulations ! How to change the hippo as the clothes you put on it ! Two lovely and funny cards !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicidades guapa!!!!!...has entrado por la puerta grande!!!!!!...estas dos tarjetas son súper divertidas!!!!!...y me encanta como con un mismo sello has creado perfectamente dos escenarios muy chulos.....besos y mucha suerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchísimas gracias!!! Me encanta verte por aquí!!! Besos!!!

      Delete
  6. Qué bonitos estos sellos, me ha gustado mucho que incluyendo accesorios tienes más opciones de crear cosas lindas. Y claro tus tarjetas como siempre hermosas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias!!! So happy to see you here!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Son todas maravillosas!! Y yo sin saber inglés!! Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me encanta que hayas venido hasta aquí a saludarme! Y no te preocupes, trataré de contar algo sobre las tarjetas en mi blog antes de saltar cada quincena jeje Besos!

      Delete
  8. Yolanda!!! Vaya dos tarjetas más preciosas para empezar!!! Seguro que veremos grandes creaciones por aquí.
    Enhorabuena otra vez y disfruta!!!
    Besos;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qué preciosidades de tarjetas Yolanda! Un estreno a lo grande! Me encanta el hipopótamo, qué dos maneras más chulas y originales de usarlo.
    Pd: aunque estoy estudiando inglés, me apetece escribirte en español jajaja
    Un besicoooooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchísimas gracias Ana!! Me alegra mucho verte por aquí! jeje ahora vas a poder practicar tu inglés! Besazos!

      Delete
  10. Wow, amazing cards! To be honest, I wouldn't know which to pick if I only had to choose one, maybe the she-hippo, I find her sooo cute. Congratulations for this new achievement, you'll do a great job. And now I have a new blogsite to follow, Gerda Steiner Designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rosa! I am so so so so happy to see you here!!! :)

      Delete
  11. Que chulo Yolanda!!!! Y que cambio el hipopótamo según lo vistas!!! Preciosas tarjetas!!♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que chulo Yolanda!!!! Y que cambio el hipopótamo según lo vistas!!! Preciosas tarjetas!!♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. Increible! Pero no esperaba menos ;-) La hipopotama heroina se sale... que graciosa! Y por supuesto no podia faltar una de tus shakers, que es que te quedan espectaculares! Una entrada en el DT por la puerta grande! Un besazo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Cris! Me encanta que te guste ! Besazos!

      Delete
  14. Geniales las dos tarjetas!!! Has tenido un estreno fantástico. Me apunto el blog porque me han encantado los sellitos que he visto por aquí. Gracias por mostrarnos nuevas opciones que seguir!!! ;) Besitos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Esther! Me alegra haberte descubierto esta página porque sus sellos son geniales! Besos!

      Delete
  15. Felicidades por esta nueva aventura....ya te lo dije por FB sin saberlo....jijijij.
    Ellos saben lo artista que eres....me encantan las dos tarjetas.
    Ahora que me anime un poco con los sellos te agradezco que nos hayas dado a conocer la página.
    Besos y feliz puente

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Estoy muy contenta. Estos sellos me enloquecen!! Besos!

      Delete
  16. Muchas felicidades, Yolanda! Ya se veía venir porque tus tarjetas con lo sellos de Gerda Steiner se salen!
    Gerda, you couldn't have chosen a better artist for your DT! Congrats to both of you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. You are so kind, Lisa! Thanks a lot for your nice comment! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!