Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Sweet Little Owl

Hello crafty friends!

I hope your week is going well so far.

I'm popping in today to share a card with you using another adorable owl from the 'owl rather be with you' stamp set.



I decided to do something different and colour this sweet little owl in pink! I coloured her in using Copic markers and I made her extra girly by adding some long lashes with a black gel pen. I used the same pen to darken her eyes and then a white gel pen for the little dot on top. I also used the white gel pen to add some detail to her wings. The branches were coloured using Copic markers also. Once these were coloured, I cut them out using my Scan n Cut. There are matching dies available in the store though! You can find them here.



Once those images were ready I set them aside to work on the rest of the card. Using distress inks, I blended the background that you see here and spritzed some water onto it and soaked it up with paper towel. The colours I used are Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers.

Once that was completely dry, I heat embossed the sentiment from the 'Foxes' stamp set.   I die cut it to give it a stitched edge and then I die cut a scalloped frame with white card stock.



Next, the frame and the images were adhered to the background using foam for dimension. To finish off, I added some little wooden stars for decoration. I hope you like it!

Have a great day!

Catherine x

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!