Monday, September 17, 2018

Smile....!!

Hey everyone... 

It's DT member Ashlee here today and I have a couple cards to share with you 
all using one of the new stamp sets from Gerda called "Upside down flamingo"...

I think he is so cheeky and adorable... 
certainly going to put a smile on the recipients face when they open it I'm sure!! 


I created the fun cloudy sky with a stencil and distress oxide inks, 
then sprayed it with a bit of water for a mottled effect... 

The grass was done using paints on a gelli plate... 
I find the gelli plates so fun to create papers to use for cards!! 


This stamp set also comes with two fantastic sentiments...
"SMILE" and "Turn that frown upside down" which both suit this fun flamingo perfectly!! 


On this next card I wanted the sentiment to also be a main feature 
along with the flamingo, so I used a die that would centre in on the card. 

I used distress oxide inks to colour all the die cuts and also with a leaf stencil to 
add a fun element around the sentiment. 

(On both cards the flamingo is coloured with Copics...) 


I hope I have inspired you with ways to use the flamingo...
Happy crafting, Hugz Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!