Saturday, March 2, 2019

Balloons Galore!

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today to share a card I created using Gerda Steiner Designs' stamp set, Lovely Pandas





This set was super popular when it first released around Valentine's Day. I definitely wanted to use it regardless and not for a Valentine's day card.

The panda holding the balloon is incredibly adorable. He looks at that balloon with such fascination. It also reminded me of those lantern festivals where lanterns fill the sky. I wanted to take that idea and transfer it to this card. Since this set only contains one balloon, I reached to another set from the shop, Valentine Penguins, which features a heart shaped balloon.



I do a bit of masking to cover up balloons so they don't overlap and I only stamp up the balloon portion of both stamps. I'm not too concerned with the string since you can just easily draw that in later.


Once I finished all the masking and stamping is done, I sat myself in front of the tv and colored it up. It was super relaxing and it got me to practice coloring in balloons to look dimensional! I just used a variety of color and colored as I pleased. After the fact, I realized that I should have inked up the background. I didn't want to color it in with markers so I just masked off the balloons and used distress inks for a dusky sky. I love this combo (Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Dusty Concord, and Chipped Sapphire) and with the balloons, it is super duper pretty! What do you think?!

Because there was so much going on, I opted to leave off a sentiment. When I decide who to send this to, I can stamp a sentiment on the inside.




I hope you enjoyed the card and got some inspiration to use this set for something other than Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!