Thursday, February 14, 2019

[VIDEO] Birthday Window Card with Laura

Window Birthday Card feat Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table

Hi everyone! It's Laura here, and today I am back with a window birthday card I created with the Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table stamp set. At the end of this post you can also find a video tutorial showing how you can make it too!

As a first step I stamped my images with Scrapbook.com Premium Hybrid Ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I then colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and fussy cut them with my scissors. Coordinating dies are also available, if you are interested. 

Window Birthday Card feat Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table

For my card base I die cut some more Bristol Smooth Cardstock by Strathmore using the an A2 stitched rectangle die. I then die cut an opening in the panel, which will be the window where the critters will peek through. I blended Distress Ink in Pumice Stone through the a stencil to create a brick wall effect.

Window Birthday Card feat Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table

I die cut two grassy borders and blended Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron to add color and dimension to the them.

Window Birthday Card feat Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table

I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the On the Table stamp set on the grassy border that was going to be in the foreground, using Scrapbook.com Premium Hybrid Black Ink.
For the window background I blended Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass on a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I added some interest to the panel by spritzing it with water from a Distress Sprayer.

Window Birthday Card feat Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table

I glued all the elements on my scene and mounted everything on a top-folding A2 card base. 

If you want to see the cardmaking process in more detail, you can watch the video tutorial below.




And that's it for today! I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and I hope I inspired you to create with the adorable Gerda Steiner Designs On the Table stamp set! Thank you all so much for stopping by and have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!