Friday, February 1, 2019

Penguin Love

Happy Friday! It's Cathy here sharing a card today using one of my favorite Gerda Steiner stamp sets. These Valentine Penguins are so cute and they're perfect for sending someone a little love any time of the year!



I started by die-cutting a piece of XPress It cardstock and a piece of Neenah Solar white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die and then cutting the XPIt cardstock down to 3 1/4" wide. It looks like the card front is one solid piece, but they're layered together.  I found it much easier to do it this way rather than taping off straight lines and I prefer to color with Copics on XPIt.

I set the Neenah piece aside and began working on my little scene by stamping the penguins in MFT Cement Gray ink and masking them. I then taped off a horizon line and masked the rest of the piece below it.

I airbrushed the sky on this with Copics in YR12, YR61, YR65, R21, and a little B00.
I wanted the clouds to look like hearts, so I die-cut a bunch of  small hearts from eclipse tape and randomly adhered them before airbrushing around them with the YR61.



I colored up the penguins and the rest of the scene with Copics and before I adhered it to the Neenah cardstock, I heat embossed a sentiment from this set on the Neenah.

Hope you enjoyed and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!