Sunday, February 10, 2019

Umbrella Mouse Get Well Card with Karla


Hello! Karla here today, and I'm sure happy to be back today to share this adorable new Umbrella Mouse digi from the Gerda Steiner Designs Shop. She is just too cute, and could easily be used for a happy spring card, a rainy day card, or in conjunction with a rainbow stamp or die, but I decided to create a get well card using an 'under the weather' stamp from my stash. I decided she needed some snazzy designs on her umbrella, jacket and scarf, so I decided to add some pretty paper piecing from a Paige Evans Pink Paislee paper pack, and I thought I'd share just how easy it is to do this!

I start out by printing my images out on white 65 lb cardstock using fast draft printing option. I find this lays down a bit less ink and I don't have any problem with bleeding. Next, I print a second exact copy of the same images, but this time on printer paper. I then use a glue stick to glue on the pattern paper designs, layering them over the parts of the image I'm going to want them to cover. You can see below I covered the umbrella, jacket and scarf.


Next, I run the same page through my printer again to print a third copy. It doesn't matter if the image doesn't line up exactly - you're only going to use the patterned paper, not the copy paper underneath.


Lastly, I colour in my image with Copics and then fussy cut the patterned paper pieces. You can see below the scarf is cut into 3 pieces and I'll glue them all on top of the main cardstock image. (I actually could have just cut it into 2 but I made a little mistake!) Then, I ran a black Tombow marker around the edge of each image so it would disguise the areas I didn't cut perfectly on the lines. You can also see I left part of the scarf on the jacket as I will glue the scarf over top of the jacket. 


I added a bit of shading around each edge of the images once I glued them on. I even used a black Smash pen to draw a puddle and then coloured that in with Copics. I stamped on a few raindrops and added some fun diecuts to the card front.


I grabbed a Tim Holtz Funky Floral die and diecut out some pretty flowers to layer on - because flowers always make everyone feel better!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to the Gerda Steiner Designs shop and see what adorable images start your creative juices flowing. Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Hugs,
Karla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!