Wednesday, February 13, 2019

More Than Chocolate

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today to share a card I created using
the More Than Chocolate stamp set from the shop.

With Valentine's day coming up, this is a perfect set for a simple card.
It is a smaller set but you can create so many different ideas for this card by changing up the background.
When I first got this set, I knew that I wanted to create a chocolate background to mimic the piece the
piggie was already munching on but I'd do it by hand, which turned out to be rather easy.

I just used a ruler for the pieces of chocolate and I mimicked the wrapper in the stamp image just on a larger scale.
The coloring gave it the dimension it needed to look like pieces of chocolate.


For the rest of wrapper, I didn't want to color in red because the wrapper for the pig's candy would get lost.
I chose to use a neutral color so it would stand out. Once I finished the coloring, I trimmed the A2 card panel down
by a quarter of an inch and matted it on a piece of red cardstock.
I stamped the sentiment "I Love You". I loved both sentiments, so I also stamped the stamp in a light grey on the
inside of the card along with the "More Than Chocolate" sentiment in black so it would pop.
I normally don't decorate the interior but when I do, I keep it really simple and leave space for a person to write
a cute note.

I love how this card turned out and I think that even if you weren't using it for Valentine's day, you can use it for
any other occasion as well. This little piggie is adorable so I hope you enjoyed the card.


Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!