Saturday, February 2, 2019

Twin peas in a pod

Hello friends!

Today I'm here to share another card I made using the adorable 'Peas be Mine' stamp set. I know that this set is intended as a Valentine's set but as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to create a twin baby card. I am a mum of twin boys myself :)
It's so nice to be able to use our stamps in different ways like this and stretch our stash!

Onto the card...
First I die cut several pieces to use for a background. I die cut the white scalloped piece, the white frame and the turquoise piece with the polka dots. I adhered these pieces while I worked on the rest of the components for the card.

Next I stamped and coloured the cute pea in the pod image and coloured it in using Copic markers. I cut it out using my Scan n Cut but there are coordinating dies available. I wanted the peas to look a little more baby-like so I added a little green curl to the tops of their heads. I also added some shimmer to the pod using a Nuvo shimmer pen, though it can be hard to see in the photos.

I die cut a white circle and then a green scalloped frame for the pea image to sit on and adhered these to the semi-completed card. The image was then adhered to the circle using foam tape.

To finish, I die cut the letters to spell out 'twins' and adhered them also.

I hope you like my card for today, thank you for popping by.

Have a great weekend!

Catherine x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!