Saturday, November 10, 2018

Baby's 1st Christmas - Catherine

Hello friends!

I'm back today to share a pair of cards I made using the sweet stamp set called Baby Girl Christmas.

I decided to make 2 cards at the same time to bulk up my stash, keeping them very similar to make it quicker and easier.





To create these cards, the first thing I did was stamp these sweet images onto Neenah solar white card and colour them in using Copic markers. The Scan n Cut machine did not like these images so I fussy cut them out instead. I also used the paper piecing method to add detail to the cute little outfit she's wearing. I drew the pattern detail onto the ribbon with a fine black pen and then coloured it.




Using a woodgrain paper that I have, I cut a strip for each card to create the floor for the baby to sit on. I then chose 2 different patterned papers to use for the walls.

The fireplace was die-cut using this die-set. I kept the fireplace a simple white and cut a small piece of light grey card as a contrast for the inside of the fireplace. The stockings, wood and grate were all coloured in using Copics. When these pieces were all ready, I adhered them all to create the completed fireplaces and set them aside.




Time to assemble the cards! The wood 'floors' were adhered to the bottom of the cards and then the 'wallpaper' on top of that. Next I heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set onto opposite sides of the cards. At this point I also decided to use the small snowflake stamp in the set to add some detail to the red gift box. These were heat embossed also.

Next, the completed fireplaces were adhered into place, followed by the sweet baby who was adhered using foam tape for dimension. Foam tape was also used to adhere the baby's bottle and pacifier.
This completes the cards for today.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Catherine x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!