Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Valentine penguins on a harmonica card with tutorial! - Larissa


Hi everyone, I am Larissa from Car-d-elicious and today I am posting a cute card made with the very sweet stampset Valentine penguins from Gerda Steiner designs. I made a harmonica card. I have a little clip to show you how the cards opens up. I have added a tutorial so you can make this card yourself.


Last week I posted a harmonica card for my nephew Niek. I saw an online workshop from Hobbyvision and this card was so much fun to make, that I had to make another one. ;) This time the card and tutorial will also be posted on the blog from Gerda Steiner designs.


I made the card with the super adorable stampset Valentine penguins from Gerda Steiner designs. I stamped several images from the set and then I coloured them all with my Polychromos pencils and the black glaze pen. I coloured the balloon with the Clear Spectrum noir sparkle pen. I made the card from red cardstock. On the front of the card I adhered 2 large hearts. The biggest heart was die-cut from black cardstock and the smaller one from red and white dotted paper. To close the card I used white ribbon. With a little heart die from the Tag builder blueprints 5 from My favorite things I have die-cut a couple of hearts from black cardstock and I adhered those on the card. The little xo's are made with the same dieset.


Just like last time I made a card with 4 squares in a row, so you can make 4 letter words. It is really easy to adjust this to more sqaures, so you can use longer words.


With the Crea-nest-lies XXL 42 from Crealies I have die-cut 12 squares from red-white dotted paper. I used the Crea-nest-lies XXL 50 from Crealies to die-cut another 12 sqaures from black cardstock and I adhered them on top of each other and glued them in the card. I have die-cut the words I love you from black cardstock with the Journaling alphas dies from Neat and tangled. I replaced the o in the word love with a black heart that I have die-cut with the Gift wrapping: Tags and threads from Marianne design. I used the same dies to cut another 2 hearts from red cardstock. On 2 of the squares I adhered 2 cute penguins from the stampset Valentine penguins from Gerda Steiner designs.



Inside the card I used another image from the stampset Valentine penguins from Gerda Steiner designs. Above the image I adhered a couple of heart that I have die-cut from black cardstock with the Tag builder blueprints 5 from My favorite things.  The sentiment is from the same stampset and I have die-cut it with the Crea-nest-lies XXL 52 from Crealies.


And this is the turorial for this card. My tutorial is for a card with 4 squares in a row, but you can adjust it very easy to more sqaures if you want to use longer words.


Start with cutting 3 pieces of cardstock. The sizes are 13 x 13 cm or 5 by 5 inch (cu 2 of this size) and cut one piece from 13 x 15 cm or 5 by 6 inch. If you want more squares in a row, make that last piece longer with 3 cm or 1 inch for every square you want to add. So if you want to have for example 6 squares in a row, you cut the paper 13 bij 21 cm or 5 by 8 inch.


Make scoring lines every 1,5 cm or every 0,5 inch.


Fold the cardstock.


Adhere glue on the first en last strip and glue the front and back of the card on the harmonica part.


Take a long piece of ribbon and glue it onto the back of the card. DON'T glue it on the front of the card!!!


Make sure the front of the card is facing you and tie the ribbon into a bow, to make the decorating of the front of the card easier.


Put double sided tape on the square you are going to use to decorate the front of the card. Make sure there is no glue where the ribbon is on the front of the card. We don't want the ribbon glued on the front of the card.


Cut 12 squares from cardstock with the size of 4 by 4 cm or 1,5 inch by 1,5 inch.


Put doublesided tape on the edge of each square. Keep 4 squares seperate from the other ones.


Start adhering the first square on the first fold. Leave a little room, don't glue it on the edge of the card.


To make sure all the squares are glued in the same place in the card, make sure you place the second square exactly on top of the first square.


Then push the second fold against the second square and they will be both in the same place.


You can attach the thirth and fourth square the same way.


Adhere the 5th square just like the first square. Don't glue at the bottom edge but leave a little space between the bottom and the square. Then adhered the other 3 squares.


Turn the card around and adhere the middle sqaures on the other side of each fold. Make sure the space between all the squares is even.


This is how it looks when all the sqaures are adhered on the card. The 4 in the middle go in the opposite direction of the squares on the top and bottom.


If you carefully pull on the left side of the card, it will lay down all flat and then you can easily decorate all the squares.



*********************************************************************************
STAMP: Valentine penguins from Gerda Steiner designs
COLORING MEDIUM: Polychromos pencils
PAPER: Red and black cs, red dotted paper
DIES: Heart dies from unknown brand, Crea-nest-lies XXL 42, 50 and 52 from Crealies, Tag builder blueprints 5 from My favorite things, Journaling alphas dies from Neat and tangled, Gift wrapping: Tags and threads from Marianne design
ACCESSORIES: Black glaze pen, white ribbon

I am a participant in the Gerda Steiner designs Affiliate Programme. This means that if you click on one of my links and subsequently make a purchase, I will receive a small commission of store credit, at no extra cost to you.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!