Sunday, January 7, 2018

Valentine Penguins - Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hi all, I’m back to share another card using the Valentine Penguins. I really love this set, the penguins are just adorable!


This time, I’m using a super simple technique to create a unique background.


I started out using a heart punch that I had and punched a heart in a piece of paper. The negative space was perfect to color in hearts, using distress inks, directly to the card. Next, I used the punch and full adhesive post its to create masks. I masked off all the hearts I colored and used one of the masks and distress ink to create a negative heart space.


I think by using both the negative space from the punch and the actual image to mask, it creates a unique background. It’d be really hard to replicate.


For an actual peek at what I did, I’m including my YouTube tutorial below.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!