Friday, January 19, 2018

Oh Manatee! & Zig Coloring - Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hi all! I'm stopping by today to share a fun card with you. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I wanted create at first. I actually stamped all the little manatees and colored them in, not knowing. Eventually, I thought an underwater scene would be perfect for them and I ran with that idea.

I knew that I wanted the kelp to be a large part of setting the scene and I wanted to incorporate it with the animals. I thought it would make it super cute where if one of the manatees could peek out. This part was a bit difficult as I had to fussy cut it the kelp but in the end, it was totally worth it.
I used watercolor paper since it is thicker and in doing so, I wanted to use my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I actually grabbed all the blues and drew wave-like lines all over the background. Then using a water brush, I just ran it over the lines and blended a little. It literally took me less than a couple of minutes to do this. I think it does give it a very soft ocean look since there are so many different shades of blue.

What do you think? Anyway, I hope you enjoy the card.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!