Saturday, January 27, 2018

Guest DT Spot: Valentine Penguins with Copics and Distress Oxides with Jasmine Burgess

 Todays project is another card I created as a guest designer for Gerda Steiner Designs.  My idea for this one was penguins on the tundra with happy greetings and the penguin holding the balloon fit in perfectly.  The bottom snow panel can be created two ways.  The first is by using white glitter cardstock cut to size freehand or with a die, which is what I did.  The second is to cover piece of white cardstock with Versamark and heat emboss using white glitter embossing powder.  If you're not into glitter, you could just use white cardstock.  The background was made with 3 shades of blue Distress Oxide inks.  If you aren't familiar with them, they are a hybrid of dye and pigment inks, giving them super easy blending and there are several fun techniques you can do with them (but that's another post).  The penguins were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers, then fussy cut.  I don't have the dies yet and these are fairly simple shapes to cut out.  The penguin with the balloon is one image, but I just cut them apart to avoid trying to cut out the string.  Instead, I fussy cut the balloon and penguin and stamped a swirly dash line from another stamp set in my stash for the balloon string.  That allowed me to have more flexibility with placing the penguin and balloon as well as the ability to add dimension by popping them up with foam squares.  I have a video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you'd like to see how this project came together from start to finish and my supplies are listed and linked below. 

Supplies:
Bristol Smooth cardstock
Gerda Steiner Designs Valentine Penguins
MISTI
White Glitter cardstock
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes die
Distress Oxide inks:
  • Broken China
  • Salty Ocean
  • Faded Jeans
Copic Markers:
C6, 8, 9/ Y17/ YR15/ V04
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spectrum Noir sparkle pen
Versamark
Wow Sparkling Snow embossing powder
Plum cardstock
Foam squares
Scor-tape

Thank you to Gerda Steiner Designs for having me!  I look forward to doing it again sometime.    Always happy to help with questions if you have any and please let me know how you like todays card.  See you next time!

For Christs Glory and much love,
Jasmine

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!