Sunday, January 21, 2018

Manatee With Alcohol Ink Background

Hello Gerda Steiner Fans!  It is Lisa back today with a cute card that features the newer Oh Manatee Stamp Set and an alcohol ink background.  This was my first time playing with alcohol inks, but when I started I automatically thought of the ocean, and new my cute little Manatee would be perfect!


To create my card I started with the Alcohol Ink background where I used a mix of dropping, blowing through a straw, and pouncing with a cloth to cover the entire panel.  While this was drying I stamped and colored my manatee and fish on separate cardstock.  I actually stamped the three different manatees in this set and colored them all in with various Spectrum Noir Markers before I finally landed on the one I liked best.  This is a great thing to do with a new set, with so many color options you might not know what you really like until you've tried a few.  I then cut all of my images out and adhered them to the alcohol background.  For my sentiment I stamped and embossed them both black cardstock with white embossing powder.



Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my post today!  Make sure you head to the store to see what other new stamps are popping up!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!