Sunday, January 14, 2018

Some Fishy Love...

Hello!  It is Lisa Lahiff back today as a Guest Designer, and I'm so excited to get to share a project using the new Oh Manatee Stamp Set.  Now, I have to warn you that I went in a little direction with my project.  Rather than focusing on the large and super cute Manatee's in this set I decided to give the smaller stamps some love and the spotlight on my card...


To start I stamped my fish, sentiment, bubble, and seaweed onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock.  I then watercolored my images in with a mix of Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a water brush.  Once these were dry I added some masking fluid to them, as well as created some wave like squiggles to the background.  I was then able to go over the entire thing with a mix of blue markers and a water brush, again leaving time for everything to dry before I slowly peeled off the masking fluid.  I decided to cut the scene into a tag shape and added some white ribbon to the top.  While I was trying various patterned papers behind my tag I came across an old panel of Embossing Paste that I had placed in my scrap pile, and I really loved the way it looked behind my fish so I gave it a new home on my card!


Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope my card has inspired you to take a closer look at those smaller images in your set and give them a little love too!  And check out all of the cute sets available now in the Gerda Steiner Store, so much love to go around! :)

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

6 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!