Sunday, February 23, 2020

Meerkats on the Lookout!

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with one of Gerda Steiner Designs' newer stamp sets named, Meerkats on the Lookout! Isn't it super cute?



Per usual, I went first with a scene card because I wanted to use all the stamp images. I stamped everything out and masked everything as well because I wanted to do an ink blended background. I first blended browns and greens for the ground and then I went with a fun sunset sky.

While creating this card, I actually had to look up meerkats to see how to color them. I definitely don't see them around where I live... They are pretty cute and they are always standing up! While coloring, I tried to add some texture to them. I usually like to blend everything smoothly but I wanted to try something different. I really like how it turned out!


Once everything was colored up, I stamped out the sentiment that works perfectly for this card. I also love how there's a ton of sentiments to choose from. For this particular set, there's a lot of everything! 


If you're interested in seeing how this all came together, I also created a video to show my process.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!