One thing I love more than giving out sweet treats is to make the packaging for them. When I first saw this Only for You stamp set, I immediately saw the possibilities of stretching the usage of one particular image, the one with the kitty peering out from the heart shaped window.
Here's my process in creating this treat box:
- I used Papertrey Ink's gable box die to cut two pieces of red card stock to form the box.
- Then I used MFT's Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle to cut a pretty little scallop panel from floral paper (this piece will eventually become the window border).
- To create the window, I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle to cut out a small window from the treat box as well as from the floral panel.
- I glued the floral window border around the rectangular opening to give it a finished look.
- I upcycled a piece of clear plastic packaging to create a "glass window pane" which I secured on the inside of the box with scor tape.
- Then I stamped and colored two kitties from the stamp set with copic markers. I fussy cut the two images.
- Once I fully assembled the box, I popped up the two kitties with 3M double sided foam tape on the plastic window pane as well as the sign on top that says, "Only For You."
- I filled up the treat box with Hershey's kisses.
Thank you for joining me today! Hopefully, this post inspired you to do at least one of two things... 1) create a treat box 2) eat some chocolate 😃
See you soon!
I appreciate your comment! Thanks!Delete