Sunday, November 25, 2018

Who doesn't love a cute cat - Guest Designer Pip

Welcome back everyone...it's Pip again.  I have two more cards as Guest Designer showcasing the On the Bookshelf stamp set.

First Card


The first step was to stamp the top shelf directly onto the card base and I did a little bit of masking to add the mouse.  I stamped a number of the other images with copic friendly ink and coloured them with alcohol markers.  I didn't do any shading on the spines of the books but used the various shades of the colour range to give some interest.    I then fussy cut the books up to the stamp line as I didn't want the white border for the books.  The second and third shelf of books were adhered with foam tape to add dimension.  I made sure I added the books at random angles to give a bit of movement to the scene.


I added glossy accents to the cat's glasses and Wink of Stella glitter to the globe.

Second Card

As I was designing the first card I had some images coloured that I wasn't going to use so created another simple card with them.


I wanted to show the movement of the pot plant falling so used a couple of shades of ink to stamp the image rotating to the floor. 

Tip: I matched the mat on the card base to one of the colours I had used within the card to make the images pop a bit more.

I hope you have enjoyed these cards.

Handmade by Pip




1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!