Friday, November 23, 2018

Sleepy Cat On the Bookshelf - Guest Designer Pip

Hi everyone, it's Pip here.  I am excited to be a guest designer on the Gerda Steiner Blog showcasing the On the Bookshelf Stamp Set.  I have been having fun creating interactive cards lately and knew exactly what I wanted to do with this stamp set as soon as I saw it.


I started by stamping the images in copic friendly ink and coloured them with simple copic colouring.  I am super happy with how the kitty turned out (see image below for the reveal).  I ink blended the background in light blue distress oxide ink and then applied it heavier over a dotty stencil.  The sentiment is stamped in the same blue ink and I handwrote the 'and'.  

The next step was to create the slider portion of the card.  I adhered the front books and pot plant to the bookshelf so the other books could slide in behind.  The sleepy cat was adhered directly to the card.  The image below shows the reveal of the cat when the you pull the tab...ta dah!


The final touches were adding some glossy accents to the heart and a few nuvo drops to the books.  I hope you enjoyed the card and hope to see you back here soon.

Pip





1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!