Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Christmas Carolling Kittens

Hey friends,

Today I'm here to share two cards that I have made using the new stamp set called 'Carol Kitten'.
This adorable set is being released today so you can play with these super cute kitties too!



For my first card, I had the idea that I wanted them to be singing in the snow. To create the background panel I used the ink blending technique with some distress inks, to first create the yellow glow for the streetlight, and then the blue shades around it. Using various dies in my stash, I added the stitched detail to the background piece, and also to a piece of white card which I then die cut into a snow bank. I also die cut the streetlight. These pieces were adhered to the panel, and the panel to an A2 card base.

I stamped and coloured the images using Copics and cut them out using the Scan n Cut. These were adhered using foam tape for some dimension.

To finish it off I wanted to add 'snow'. I held my breath for this part!
I was a bit apprehensive about spoiling it as I was happy with how it turned out and was worried the splatters wouldn't work as I wanted. Unfortunately my 'test piece' worked how I wanted but when I got to the card it didn't work out so well. These poor kittens look like they're in a blizzard!
Oh well, these kittens are so cute I think they steal the show!



For my next card, I wanted a different look to this scene.



First, I stamped and coloured the images using Copics and cut them out using the Scan n cut again.  I put these aside to work on the rest of the card.

Using some festive red card, I die cut the base panel using a stitched rectangle from my stash again. Next, I die cut some white card into a 4-window panel. And did the same with some pale blue card for the window inserts. Finally I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto some red card to tie it all together, and cut some flagged ends. Now all my pieces were ready to attach.



First the red card was attached to an A2 card base. Using the white frame as a guide, I attached the 4 blue window backgrounds to the red card. The white frame was then attached with foam to add dimension, along with the cats. The sentiment was attached with another layer of foam to make it pop out even more. This completed the card.



I had so much fun with these cute kittens. Don't you think they have so much character with those funny little expressions?! I hope you like my cards for today. I will be back later in the month with another upcoming adorable set!
Until then, happy crafting!

Catherine x

1 comment:

  1. Amazing card! And I absolutely love that snow effect! <3 How did you make it? Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!