Friday, October 5, 2018

Carol Kitten - InsideoutJeans

Hi there! First of all, Happy October! I can't believe how fast the year has flown by and it's almost Christmas! I'm the type of person to always look forward to Fall because of the holidays. I love the early, dark nights and I love the chill in the air. I just LOVE it.

This week, Gerda Steiner Designs recently released Carol Kitten and if you haven't seen it, you need to check it out. This is a purrfect set for Christmas (excuse my pun!).

I am a huge fan of using all the images in her stamp sets in particular because they just work so well together. Each stamp set provides a variety of images and sentiments, and this one is no different. I just had to use every single one.

I stamped all of them out and colored them up. I knew that they were perfect for a scene card, but I decided I wanted to do something different for my first card using this set. I created a slight ombre background using blue distress inks and used some glimmer spray all over. The spray gave it texture and sparkle. It's a bit hard to see the sparkle in still photos, but it's really glittery in person.



I then cut this background into four rectangles so I could add each of the four kittens to the each. For the sentiment, I stamped and heat embossed it in white on black cardstock. It just made it stand out nicely and I really love how it turned out. What do you think?



1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!