Monday, March 6, 2017

Happy Birthday

Hello there,
it's Maike from Maikreations and I would love to share a card with you using an image from the Gerda Steiner Designs Febuary / March Digital Stamp Bundle.



To create this card I stamped the "Happy Birthday" background stamp directly on my card base. Next I cut a circle from patterned paper and a piece of white paper that was as wide as the card base but only about a third as high. I also needed a strip of the blush coloured cardstock, but I cut a decorative edge from it before I cut it to size.

Next came the fun part: I got to colour this cute saurus from the current digi stamp bundle. I wanted to add some texture to its skin, so I coloured it as I usually would, making sure I added the darkest colour where shadows would be and leave highlights where the light would hit. Once I was happy with the result I added tiny little v-shapes to make this cute creature look even more like a saurian.


After I had glued all the pieces to their right space I added the word "HAPPY" using letter stickers in rainbow colours and stamped the rest of the sentiment right below the dinosaur. Lastly I added bright blue enamel dots around the word "birthday" to make it look more interesting. I hope you like the card and thank you for stopping by! Have a great day and happy crafting, Maike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!