Monday, March 13, 2017

Guest Designer- Hooray!!

Hi Everyone!
Kimberly from Kimberly's Crafty Spot here today as a guest designer.
Today I am sharing a card for the upcoming release on March 22nd.
The set I am using is Party Animals 4x6 Clear Stamp Set by Gerda Steiner Designs.


Aren't these critters just so fun??
I started the card by stamping the cake, using some post it notes and masking the cake then stamping the lion to the left and the crocodile to the right to look like he is holding the cake. Next I stamped the gift to the left hand side of the card, making sure I left room for the rhino and masked the gift. Then I stamped the rhino and the ostrich. Before I colored the images, I masked them all to create the background. For the background, I made a 'ground' for the critters by masking a line with post-it tape. I added some Mustard Seed distress ink to the horizon and blended that into Broken China distress ink for the blue sky. For the ground portion, I just moved the tape to the sky portion
and added some Gathered Twigs distress ink.
Then I was able to color the images with copic markers, I added some white and black gel pen accents. To the candle on the cake and the ribbon on the gifts, I added some shimmer.
Finally, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments from the set.

On the inside of the card, I stamped the gorilla
and added a gift on top of his head for fun. For this, I stamped the gift first, masked the gift, then stamped the gorilla. Finally, I copic colored the images.

Make sure to keep an eye out for the rest of the stamps and dies coming later on this month!
For all the details, please visit my blog here.
Have a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. Love the coloring of the animals. So cute too.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! The coloring on these animals is STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!