Thursday, May 16, 2019

Smooch!

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Gerda Steiner’s latest release with the amazing stamp set named, Frogs. I hope you like the new set and get inspired to create. Also, I have a project to share with you today using the new release!

I thought this set was super cute and I wasn't sure where to start but I wanted to focus on two of the frogs in the set. They were perfect to be the centerpiece of this fun scene. I had to do a bit of masking where I placed the smooching frog on the lilypad with the other frog. I added the little mosquito because I loved his bulging eyes and thought it was perfect to catch them smooching!


I wanted to create a little pond scene for these two lovebirds so I cut a piece of masking paper in half and created a bit of a curve for the pond. I masked off all the little images and focused on creating the pond. I used various distress inks to create this pond. I basically smeared the ink across to create a dimensional look to it. I really love how this turned out. 


For second half, I used some yellows and oranges blended together to create a sunrise. Originally, I had it as a harsh divide of pond and sky but it looked too plain. I used various shades of greens of alcohol markers and flicked upwards to the sky to create the look of grass. Just adding this helping pull this scene together and I think it turned out super cute! 


To finish this off, I gave the frog on the lilypad some eyelashes and she is super cute! I added the simple sentiment "Smooch!" and this card is complete. 



Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon for some more inspiration and ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!