Monday, May 13, 2019

Get Your Greens Ready!!!

Hi there! Its Rebekah with you today bring you a super cute and easy scene card using the Frogs Stamp Set from Gerda Steiner! I love making scene card and these little frogs just lend themselves to this type of card design. 


For this card, I started by stamping the frog and the sentiment with Copic safe ink onto Xpress-It Blending Card - its my favorite for Copic coloring! I brushed on several shades of Distress inks to give me a good start to my Copic coloring. I also used a cloud stencil and Distress Ink to create the sky. I was sure to avoid the frog when creating the sky. 


I colored the adorable frog with Copic markers and was sure to add a lot of contrast. 

I then worked on the grass. I started with a light green - G21. I held the marker slightly on its side and 'flicked- up' with the marker. This flicking motion is perfect for making grass. I then did the same thing with G43, YG64, G94 and G99. I made the flicking motion shorter and shorter with each marker. Remember when creating scenes - darker is CLOSER, lighter is FARTHER AWAY.


I added a few dots to add more texture to the grass and a bit more dimension. I outlined the frog with B00 and B0000 to make him pop a little more. I also added a few motion lines to make it look like he is in mid-hop!

This set is so adorable and FUN! Did you know it also comes in an English AND German version! Be sure to check it out and tag Gerda Steiner when you share your creations! We all love to see what you make!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!