Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Happy 60. Birthday Sister Part two

It's me again. Nicole from Germany.


Hard to believe. Another week has passed and today I can show you the second part of my birthday surprise for my sister's 60th birthday. It turned out to be a little booklet. 

My whole family is crazy about dogs, including my sister of course. So of course it was clear that there had to be lots of dog motifs in her birthday book.


This dog from the set "On the table"  simply had to be included. And he speaks from the soul of our 3 family dogs: "I don't care how old Petra gets.....as long as I get a muffin!"



In this scene, the dogs from "Carol Puppies" sing a funny birthday song, which translates as : 
"Happy birthday to you, jam in your shoe, apricot in your pants, happy birthday to you.". It's probably not so funny when translated into English, but I wanted to at least explain what the dogs are singing. And the cat from the set "Carol Kittens" is a bit ashamed of the funny song and says: "The dogs are soooo embarrassing!".





Last up is a typical birthday card. These dogs are from the "Dachshunds" set.  The one on the left with the flowers in his mouth even looks a bit like my sister's dog.  So it was clear that I would also include this set in the book. 


I stapled all 6 cards together and added a cover made of parchment paper and a spine made of photo cardboard. It was my sister's birthday last Sunday and she was delighted with the little booklet.

I hope you also had a bit of fun looking at it. 

I colored the motifs with Copics, the backgrounds are often wiped with Distress Ink and decorated with many different cutting die elements.  The next cards will probably be a bit simpler again.  Have a nice day and I wish you a wonderful Christmas.

Creative greetings from Germany, your Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!