Sunday, August 6, 2023

Melon Muncher Summer Card

 Hi!  My name is Cynthia Olheiser and I'm very excited to be Guest Designing for Gerda Steiner Designs this month.  I have been creating with GSD clear stamps and digital stamps for several years.  I love the sweet critters that Gerda designs.

For my first project I've created a stenciled scene with the sweet Guinea Pig and watermelon from the Melon Muncher set.


My project began by stamping the guinea pig image onto X-Press It card stock and masking.  I then used washi tape to frame my scene area for stenciling.  The My Favorite Things Sun Ray stencil was then layered and taped to my work surface.

The scene was created by ink blending the stencil with Tim Holtz distress inks - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Mowed Lawn.  I colored the image was Copic Markers.  A Green Olive 167 Faber-Castell Pitt pen was used for the hand drawn grass.

I finished with a few gems from my stash.  The coordinating sentiment was stamped and layered onto black card stock from Stampin' Up!

I'm looking forward to sharing more inspiration with you throughout the month.   Hope you get time to be crafty!

Supplies for my card:  Melon Muncher 2x3 set, X-Press It Card Stock, Stampin' Up! Basic Black Card Stock, MFT Sun Ray stencil, Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Mowed Lawn), Gems, VersaFine Clair Nocturne Pigment Ink pad, Faber-Castell Pitt Pen (Green Olive 167), Copic Markers (E33, E35, R05, R22).

I would love for you to visit me on my blog at stampinalaska.blogspot.com and Instagram at olheiserc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!