Friday, August 11, 2023

MAKE A WISH!

 Hello everyone.  My name is Andrea Jacobsen and this is my first time guest designing for Gerda Steiner Designs (cue excited squeal).  I have been card making for almost 20 years and I love critters, puns, and cute which GSD provides for us.

When I was contacted by Mace, I immediately went to the website to see what stamp set I wanted.  I make a LOT of birthday cards.  I loved the Cupcake Mice as soon as I saw it.  Let’s get started with today’s project.

I love a good pun and maybe a little snark especially about age but its okay because I might be a little older than 29.  Ha!  Here we go!

I started by stamping these cuties on 110# white card stock with Fadeout Black ink from Inkon3. 




I could have just stamped them on a white card base and been done but I knew I was going to use my OLO markers to color the images and I didn’t want that showing.  I am fairly new to the OLO brand so my selection is tiny, but I was able to color both images just using what I have.  I colored the front image using CG3 and CG5.  His nose and the inside of his ears I added a little R03.  The hat I used Y2.2 for the main part and V2.4 for the dots.  I didn’t want him to look like he was floating so I used OR 3.7 and a little OR 3.8 to create some ground then I used the Zero to “fade” it.  I could have certainly adhered him to the front of a card base and moved on, but I have a die cut in my stash that I have been wanting to use.  Today’s project was perfect for it.  I used the Swiss Dots from Whimsy Stamps, using a piece Mango card stock from Taylored Expressions ran it through my Vagabond.  This gave me a piece of “cheese” I took my Mango ink and darkened the edges to give a little contrast.  I cut my main image out using and oval die from my stash that is 5x 3 ¾,these ovals are from Kat Scrappiness..  I adhered the oval onto  my “cheese” and then added some thin foam tape to give a little dimension. 

 


The inside of the card is where my little bit of snark comes in (29 again?) I might have giggled a long time at that.  I colored this mouse with CG0 and CG1.  



The party hat uses the same colors and the color on the nose and inside of the ears.  The cupcake frosting is O 2.4, the cake is OR 3.8, the wrapper is OR 3.7.  I added some ground again using the same colors.  I framed the inside image with Mango card stock and adhered both pieces to a white card base that is 4 ¼ x 5 ½ with the fold on the side.   I hope you enjoyed this card and fall in love with these little guys too.  I will be back one more time showcasing another card with the Cupcake Mice.  Have a great day and craft on!

 

Andrea  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!