Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Garden Critters Thank You Card

Hello and welcome back, it's Karen here today.  I’ve got a thank you card to share today that combines the Garden Critters and Happy Bee-day stamp sets.



I used Copic markers to colour in all the poppies and the caterpillar, and then fussy cut them out.  The extra leaves are from the HoneyBee Stamps "Lovely Layers Coneflower" die set and I cut them from green cardstock and added some Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness and Mowed Lawn to them.  The white circular die is from PinkFresh Studio and is the "Stitched Scallop Circle" die set, and I chose to use both the inside and outside die cuts.  I stacked about four of these die cuts together to create some dimension. The sentiment is from the Garden Critters stamp set and I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder (please try not to notice that I didn't cut it quite straight! It drives me crazy 😬).

For the background, I used some Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud ink in Lemon Meringue, Baked Peach and Lush Pink and just ink blended them over the card front. Then I sprinkled on some Pixie Sparkles in Pumpkin Patch and misted with water.  There's a lot of sparkle in real life from these, but it doesn't show up in the picture. 

Finally, to put it all together, I glued down the leaves where I wanted them to go, but left the upper edges free to be curled up slightly.  Then I glued the white circle die cuts down in place, before adding in the poppies.  I mounted the caterpillar on foam tape and positioned him at the bottom of the circle.  I also mounted the sentiment on foam tape and adhered it below the image.

Thank you for stopping by, and I do hope you're having a happy, creative day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!