Thursday, March 21, 2024

Somebunny Special


Hi everybody!

Easter is coming up fast and I'm happy to share this adorable bunny today.  I started this card by stamping the bunny from the set 'Easter Bunnies' on watercolor paper.  Then I used Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush to color in the image.  Once this was dry, I fussy cut the bunny out and used a black marker along the edges to cover any white areas.



For the background, I started with a generic birch tree stencil and laid it on a piece of watercolor paper.  Then I sprayed over the stencil with some Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains in candy apple, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, and uncharted mariner. 

 While this dried, I embossed a piece of white cardstock with an embossing folder to add a little texture.  Next, I used an egg shaped die to cut an egg from the center of the embossed piece and trimmed it down to be slightly smaller than an A2 card base.  Once the backing was dry, I moved the stain sprayed piece around until I like the colors that were showing in the 'egg window'.  I trimmed off the extra paper and attached this piece to the embossed white cardstock.  I had an extra 'strip' of stained watercolor paper that I stamped the sentiment from the set 'Hoppy Easter' and used a banner die to cut this out.  Last, I attached the sentiment and bunny to the backing with glue and taped the whole piece to a A2 white card base.

Thank you for reading and I hope you're inspired to make some colorful Easter eggs!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!