Thursday, March 14, 2024

Mammoth Adventures

 




Hi Everyone!  

I'm happy to share this mammoth adventure card featuring the recently released Gerda Steiner Design's stamp set, Big Guy.  Here in the Midwest we're getting some nicer weather days which makes for some great hiking.  The mammoth is the mascot for one of our trails so it just felt natural that he would take on some adventure.

I started the background for this card by stamping the Unity Stamp Company's Jolande's Ledger on white cardstock.  Then I tore off the edges to give an aged look.  After this I used a blending brush and brown ink called expresso to darken the edges, adding a little color and continuing with the aged theme.

For the mammoth, I stamped the image from Big Guy on watercolor paper and colored the image in with Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush.  Once this was dry, I used the die from Big Guy to cut out the image.

Finally, I found a scrap piece of cardstock in light green.  I stamped this sentiment from Impression Obsession's Outdoor Adventures and cut the sentiment out using a die from Scallops and Banners by Unity Stamp Co.  To help this sentiment piece work well with the background, I used the blending brush and expresso ink to darken the edges.

The last step was to layer all of these pieces together, attaching to a Kraft card base.  

Thank you for reading.  I hope that you're able to get out for a few mammoth adventures of your own and enjoy some beautiful weather.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!