Thursday, March 7, 2024

Hoppy Easter


Hi Everyone!

I’m excited to get to share another card using the recently released “Hoppy Easter”.   I usually stamp on watercolor paper and color with Derwent Inktense pencils.  For this card, I used a similar idea, without the watercolor paper.

I started by stamping the basket of bunnies on medium grey card stock .  I used the Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush to add a hint of color to the bunnies, eggs, and basket.  Besides the hint of color, I mostly used the pencils to add dimension to the image and kept the color concentrated towards the edges.  I also tried to keep the amount of water I used minimal since this was card stock and not watercolor paper.

Once this was dry, I went back over the areas I wanted to highlight with a white charcoal pencil.  Then I used a word stencil by Craftreat and a blended brush with grey ink to add a little interest to the background (carefully avoiding the area around the bunnies).

Finally, I cut this piece with a rectangle die from Unity Stamp Co and also cut a scalloped rectangle from darker grey card stock.  Lastly, I attached these two to a white card base.

I love how this turned out, reinforcing the idea that it’s always good to try new ideas.  Thank you for reading and I can’t wait to see what everyone creates with these adorable bunnies.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!