Friday, June 7, 2019

Surf's Up!


Happy Friday! Cathy here with a fun Summer card using the new Catch a Wave stamp set.

This little dude is ready to hang ten!



I was in the mood for a clean and simple design on this one, so I started by die-cutting a background panel from white cardstock and inking a waves stencil with Tumbled Glass distress ink.

I die-cut a circle from white cardstock and drew the beach lines with a Copic multi-liner pen and then masked the beach area before inking the ocean behind it with Broken China distress ink. I inked another waves stencil with Peacock Feathers distress ink.

I masked off the ocean and inked the sand with Old Paper distress ink and added some shading with Copic E44,E43 and E42.

I used a Copic multi-liner to add a few different elements to the surfboards before coloring up the images with Copics.

For a little extra tropical vibe, I used a leaf and hibiscus die from my stash and colored them with Copics.

I really love making Summer themed cards and this stamp set is SO cute and fun! 

Hope you make some time to get crafty this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!