Monday, August 24, 2015

Guest Designer Laura Sterckx

Hello everyone! I am Laura Sterckx from www.makingcardsisfun.com and I'm happy to be a guest designer this month. In today's post I am using the How are Awe set.


If you're a lover of quick and easy cards, then you're going to love this! For this card I started out with a piece of patterned paper from the Up in the Clouds collection from Pinkfresh Studio. I got the kit a couple of months ago and didn't realize that all the papers and stickers are sold out almost everywhere. I'm sorry about that! However, if you're looking for something similar check out the papers from their Happy Things collection. I love stitched edges so I used the largest die cut from the Large Stitched Rectangles set from Lawn Fawn to die cut the patterned paper.




Isn't that sheep adorable? I colored him with Copic markers. For this fur I used an N0 marker along with a colorless blender. Then for his face I used E0000E51 and a bit of R11 for a blush on his cheeks. Finally I used N4 and N6 for the hooves. I wanted the sheep to stand out a bit more so I adhered him onto a die cut tag from Pretty Pink Posh. As you can see there's a slight blue shadow on the edges of the tag. I simply used a BG11 Copic marker for that along with the colorless blender.

Some people call me the queen of sequins. I love that and I am truly honored! :) So of course I embellished my card with some sequins from The Ton and Pretty Pink Posh. Stickers aren't just for kids so I used a sticker sheet from Pinkfresh Studio to add a sentiment and rainbow to the card.

That's it! :) Thanks so much for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!