Monday, August 31, 2015

A Tippsy Monster

Hi guys! Today I'm introducing you to the newest clear stamp set by Gerda Steiner Designs which features monsters. I think when it comes to coloring images and working with them, monsters are my all-time favorite. It's especially interesting since I discovered Gerda Steiner Designs about a year ago because of the beautiful digital monster images that she offered. Now we have 3 new monsters that come as clear stamps, complete with a few fantastic sentiments that allow you sheer endless combinations.


When I first saw the monster that I'm using on my cards today I immediately pictured him being a little sappy from having consumed one or two drinks too many.

The coloring was done with Copic markers and I referred to the hex chart by Sandy Allnock to find colors which would work together well. If you have Copic markers and you wonder sometimes which color combinations you could try, I really suggest you give this hex chart a look because it's absolutely worth the investment (it just costs a few dollars).


The background of my card base has some foil, by the way. I wanted to try it out because it seems to be all the rage in the crafting world right now, but I was disappointed by the results that I got with a cheap laminator that I bought on Amazon. The foil didn't stick entirely and left some black marks open. I tried it with two different printers, different heat settings, different papers — nothing really worked perfectly. So I returned the laminator and I will try to get my hands on a Minc mini once they are available in Europe and see if that gives me better results.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and leaving a comment, you brighten up my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!