Thursday, October 3, 2024

Beary, Merry Christmas


 Hi everyone!  I'm excited to share another card using the new Gerda Steiner Designs set, Beary Merry Christmas.   This set combines some of my favorite things... reindeer and bears!

When it come to making cards, sometimes I have the whole card planned out and sometimes I stamp a bunch of images, spend time coloring the images, then design and create later.  That is what happened with this "reindeer bear". 

I stamped this bear on Tim Holtz watercolor paper, then colored him with Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush.  I used the scalloped edges die from Unity Stamp Co to cut the black cardstock, then us an oval die to cut out the center.  

I glued these two layers to a white A2 card base, letting dry under a heavy book (always a good idea when working with watercolor paper and lots of water).  The card felt like it was missing something at this point so I used a Sakura white gel pen to trace a straight edge and free form some squiggly lines around the edges to complete the card.

This card was so much fun to make, I can't wait to see what you make with this set.  Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!