Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Thanks A Melon!

Hello again and welcome back, it’s Karen here today.  Today I've got a summery thank you card which features the Melon Friends from Gerda Steiner Designs.

I started by stamping these two images from the set and and colouring them with Copic markers.  After fussy cutting them out, I mounted them on foam tape.  

I used a patterned paper for the card front that I've had in my stash for a loooong time. The square frame is from Poppy Stamps Double Stitch Square Frames die set, and I die cut it three times and glued these together.  

I did a little ink blending on the center of one of the die cut frames, using Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud ink in Clear Day.  That ink is perfect if you have trouble with getting smooth ink blends.  It may not look like it when you put it on, but as it dries, it smooths out so you don't see any splotchy areas.  

To assemble the card, I glued the white square frame into position, and then glued in the ink blended center. Then I popped the images into place.

For the sentiment, I stamped and clear heat embossed onto white cardstock, the "Thanks a" portion of the sentiment, while masking off the "melon". Then I masked off the "Thanks a" portion and used Distress Oxide inks in Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness to stamp the 'melon' portion before clear heat embossing it also.  Finally, I mounted the sentiment on foam tape and adhered it just below the square frame.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!