Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sneaky Raccoons

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Gerda Steiner Design’s stamp set named, Sneaky Raccoons. I've been digging into my stash for new sets to play with and this was the one that spoke to me.

I wanted to create a fun scene card so I stamped three images from the Sneaky Raccoons stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I did a bit of masking because I wanted the raccoon with a sign to stand on top of the tree stump. Because I wanted to ink blend a background, I created masks for all the images. Using distress oxide inks, I used four colors to create the grassy area, then a sunset sky. I figured it was perfect since raccoons usually come out at night and I wanted to have a pretty sunset in the background. I also used water and perfect pearls for some splatter to add texture in the background.


I colored all the images using copic markers, using warm grays. To finish off the card, I used the sentiments to add a sentiment on the sign and then a supporting sentiment to go with it. I'm so happy with how this card turned out. It's so fun!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!