Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Unicorn Birthday Greetings

Hello, it’s Karen here again! I hope everyone is having a great summer and the weather is good where you are. I’m finding it hard to be indoors at the moment as we are in the middle of a record breaking heat wave and it’s so nice to be outside. So the card I’m sharing today was really quite a quick and easy one but with lots of attitude because of these super fun Moody Unicorns from Gerda Steiner Designs. 


My card is a 3 3/4” x 8 1/2” slimline card.  I die cut three 2 3/4” circles from white cardstock as well as a frame for them, which I stacked two layers high. I used the Paper Rose Layering Rainbow stencil to add the rainbow, clouds and sun inside the circles, using Distress Oxide inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry. Tonic Moonstone Glimmer paste added that extra sparkle to some of the elements. I also die cut some extra ink blended clouds to add around the circles. 


After stamping out the unicorn images, I coloured them in with copic markers (RV04, Y38, Y08, YG01, BG02, B66, V05, C2, C1, C0, N6, N4, R20, R00). I also stamped and clear heat embossed the sentiments and then either die cut them out or fussy cut them. I love how sassy these unicorns are, and I’ve used those sentiments on lots of other cards. 

Finally, I glued the circles to my card base, popped the unicorns and sentiments up on foam tape and added them along with the few extra clouds I had die cut. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and I do hope you’re having a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!