Sunday, June 13, 2021

Watermelon Shaped Card

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Gerda Steiner Design’s stamp set named, Melon Friends. I have had this idea in my head every since I saw the set and finally got the chance to bring it to life. The dinosaur image in the set is such a cutie and I wanted to literally put him into a slice of watermelon. I also have a video to go along with this card -- check it out HERE.


I stamped dinosaur from Melon Friends twice and colored him up from the neck up and for my second image, I flipped him around to color the back side of his head, mainly because copic markers bleed through and I wanted the front and back of his head.


Using a circle die, I cut two circles, making one into a card base and cutting the other circle in half. I ink blended the two half circles pieces to make it look like a watermelon. Green on the edges for the rind and red in the middle for the actual watermelon meat. Once that was done, I put this card together by adhering all the pieces. For the sentiment, I stamped it in the front of the card. Finishing off the watermelon slice, I used a black marker to freehand some teardrop shapes for the seeds. Because it is a half circle, it can rock back and forth making it even more adorable!


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!