Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Reindeer Holiday

 Hello, it’s Karen here today and I’m back with a trifold Christmas card featuring these Reindeer and a Tree stamps from Gerda Steiner Designs.  


So, in my mind, this card tells the story of Christmas Eve on the front of the card with the reindeer and Santa hard at work as shown here.  I stamped and added the date as if it was a page on the calendar and drew the chimney and rooftop as well as the sack.  I used the Woodland Border die set from Sunny Studios to create the hills and trees, and an embossing folder from Taylored Expressions called Snowfall. The little house is from a Memory Box die set called Cabin Snowglobe. 

What I really love about these trifold cards is that you can have another hidden story on the inside pages.  So for mine, the inside is Christmas Day when Santa and the reindeer are able to have a holiday, or in this case, a snowball fight! 



Now, I’m fairly sure these reindeer weren’t meant to be throwing snowballs, but my imagination just kind of got away from me.  The snowballs are made from Snow-Tex and I just cut rough circles for the fort walls, and used a paper punch for the snowballs once it was dry.  That see-through sky idea is from the amazing Jennifer McGuire who used laminating folders and stamping to create see-through elements.  Here is a link to her video:  https://youtu.be/xpneNLweV9w.  I love that these cards feel extra sturdy due to the layers of embossed hills and they stand upright very easily.


I made a video that I posted on my YouTube channel last week showing how I made this style of card.  There are actually two cards on that video so if you want to jump ahead to the second card that features this same stamp set, it starts around the 9:00 minute mark. Here’s the LINK TO MY VIDEO if you would like to see how I made this card.  And here’s what the card on the video looks like.





I hope that these cards may have inspired you or given you some other ideas on how to use these stamps.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a great day! 


2 comments:

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!