Gerda Steiner Designs is joining the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and the design team came up with some wonderful creations to inspire you.
- stamp the adorable little reindeer from the Gerda Steiner Designs Holiday Friends set and three coffee cups from the Gerda Steiner Designs You're Koalafied set with Memento Tuxedo Black - use the Masking Technique
- color the image with Delta, Touch Twin Brush and Copic Markers
- add highlights with a white gel pen
- cut out a stitched panel from Bristol Smooth cardstock and create a plaid background using the My Favorite Things Plaid Background Builder, Altenew Crisp Ink (Frayed Leaf, Buttercream), the Darkroom Door Stitched Borders, Versamark and WOW! Gold Rich Super Fine embossing powder
- create a custom-sentiment with stamps from the Gerda Steiner Designs Holiday Friends and Gerda Steiner Designs You're Koalafied set, Versamark and WOW! Bright White Super Fine and WOW! Gold Rich Super Fine embossing powder
- mount the panel onto a piece of dark green cardstock before adhering it to a cardbase
I made a card with the stamp set Smells like Christmas from Gerda Steiner Designs.
I have colored the images with my Polychromos pencils and for the background I have used Derwent aquatone pencils.
I used a white gel pen to draw dots on the cup. I have fussy cut the images.
From green, red and white cardstock I have die-cut a couple of circles with the Crea-nest-lies XXL 41, 49 and 53 from Crealies.
The sentiments are from the stamp set Beary Happy Holidays from Lawn fawn. I stamped those on white cardstock and after I cut them I adhered them on green cardstock.
The cardshape is called a cornercard. I saw the instructions on YouTube. It was really fun and easy to make, but it is not the easiest card to take a decent picture of.
With a white gel pen I added faux stitching on the red panels. The snowflakes are from the stampset Beary Happy Holidays from Lawn fawn. I stamped them with Versamark ink and then I embossed them with white embossing powder.
You can fold the card flat and send it in a normal envelope.
When I was thinking about the coffee-lovers theme, I looked at my stamps and found this mug from the Gerda Steiner Designs Smell like Christmas stamp set. I thought it would be just perfect, if one were in a very cold surrounding and would be offered a steaming hot beverage. This is how I came to pair the cup with the cute penguin from last year's December/January Digital Stamp Bundle ;o) I created the background scene free hand following a video tutorial by Sandy Allnock and stamped the sentiment right on the horizon line.
The first card was colored using Copic markers, the sentiment was created on my computer. I fussy cut the dinosaur and popped him onto foam tape for dimension.
The second card was also colored with Copic markers. I added the spots on his scarf with a white gel pen and finally I used glossy accents to raise the heart on his coffee cup... what a cutie!
Thanks for stopping by.