Friday, August 2, 2019

Catch a Wave!

Happy Friday! It's Cathy here again and I couldn't resist making another card using the Catch a Wave stamp set. I'm still in full tropical beach mode and he's such a cool little dude!


I was going for a Polynesian feel on this one. I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock 4" x 5 1/2" and I inked a Plaid Folk Art "Pineapple" stencil using Distress inks in Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from this set and adhered the white cardstock piece to a 1/2" x 5 1/2" strip of black patterned paper, overlapping it slightly. I then adhered both to my card front even with the fold line.


I die-cut a few palm trees and colored them with Copics and then stamped the cool little duck and beach sign from this set, also colored with Copics.

I fussy cut the images and adhered them and the palm trees to the card front.


I drew in the line under the beach sign with a Copic multi-liner pen and popped up the little duck with dimensional foam adhesive to make him stand out a little more against the background.

Hope you enjoyed my little surfer dude and hope you have a great weekend!

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!