Saturday, August 10, 2019

A Whale of a Time by Jeannie

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Gerda Steiner’s recently released stamp set called A Whale of a Time. I hope you love the card I created today as much as I do.

I've been in a creative funk and so I just wanted to sit down and watercolor and see what happened. I started out with the idea of a light blue sky and the ocean. The more I added color, the more I changed my mind to an early morning sunrise. I recently was in Denver, and they had these amazing skies filled with so many different colors. It was so gorgeous.


Watercoloring turned out really well and I'm definitely not a pro. I just added different colors to create an ombre yellow, orange, pink. Then for the ocean, I added a couple layers of different shades of blue and green. With watercolors, you build up the layers of colors so I dried the card panel and then continued to add more and more colors.



I decided to use the two whales that appear to be looking at each other. They are so adorable and I just imagined them swimming side by side and this was the perfect background for it. Don't you think? To finish off the card, I added the sentiment in the sky.


Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon for some more inspiration and ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!