Sunday, October 24, 2021

Santa says Happy Holidays

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Gerda Steiner Design’s stamp set named, Santa with Letters. It's such a cute set that you can do a bunch of things with (I have a couple more ideas).



The first project I wanted to create was, of course, a holiday card. I stamped out the Santa first and colored it up with Copics. Since this Santa is holding a banner, I wanted to stamp up a custom sentiment. For this card, I went with a simple "Happy" to pair with the larger sentiment in the set, "Holidays".


For my background, I used a
snowfall stencil with white pigment ink because I wanted a snowy background look since this is a wintery card. I die cut some snow banks from white cardstock for the card as well, adding a light purple distress ink on the edges to add dimension. Along with that I also die cut a circle in my snowy background panel and added some silver glitter cardstock behind so I could spotlight Santa.



I added the Santa right in front of the circle and then stamped out the "Holidays" sentiment in a green ink matching the copic colored letters on the banner. After this, I thought I would be finished with the card but I thought it needed some finishing touches. I added additional white dots with a white gel pen to the background to make it a really snowy background. I also used some glue on the edges of the snow banks so I could adhere some glitter to it to add a little something extra to the card overall. 



I love how it turned out. What do you think? 


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!