Sunday, April 11, 2021

Is Summer Here Yet?

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Gerda Steiner Design’s stamp set named, Pool Piggies. Yes, I know it's a summery set but I'm just looking forward to the lazy days of summer.


I also was inspired by my friend Amanda, who created a fun ocean view and I wanted to pull out a technique that I've used before to create the ocean. She used copic markers but I'm using distress inks here because they are just cheaper to use. I inked up a card panel using various brown and blue distress inks. Since they are water reactive, I took a water brush pen and created wavy lines and it picked up the ink color, moving it around a bit. 


Then, I took a white pen from Pear Blossom Press' Essential Gel Pens and added white lines to the ocean to emphasize waves. To bring it up a notch, I also pulled out some white gouache and added them to the white lines. 


I just love how it looks and creates an almost realistic look to the beach! 


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!