it's Tanja here and a while back I had the huge honor to publish this cute little Christmas Card for Gerda Steiner Designs on the Simon Says Stamp Blog:
Gerda came out with some fabulous new Christmas Stamp Sets this year. There really is something for everyone: Christmas Puppies, a cute Reindeer, more Reindeer, a sweet Snowman, baking Mice and Christmas Kitties.
Of course, I had to use one of the fun little cats, for I have four wonderful cats myself.
- stamp the cute little cat and the bauble from the Gerda Steiner Designs Christmas Kitties set with Versafine Onyx Black and color the image with Derwent Inktense pencils and a damp watercolor brush
- stamp the twig from that same stamp set with Versafine Olympia Green
- add highlights with a white gel pen and some sparkle with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter
- apply Distress Oxide Ink Broken China through the Tim Holtz Stripes Layering Stencil to create a background
- stamp the sentiment from the same stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black
- adhere the stitched focal panel to another stitched panel cut from patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Sugar Plum 6x6 paper pad before adhering all the layers to a white cardbase